Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Field Specialist - Drilling & Completion Fluids
· Under broad direction provides onsite services by measuring, testing, and supervising the running of fluid mixing and pumping, including technical analysis and specific product and practical recommendations for controlling fluid properties.
· Maintains fluid properties on rig sites by testing fluid properties accurately.
· Maintains inventory at customer well sites.
· Must provide effective customer service by providing rig-site customers and coordinators information regarding the progress of a rig site and create/implement solutions to rig site problems.
· May make sales calls on the field and field office level or accompany Sales Representative performing the same function.
· Performs other related duties as required. Provide ongoing support to assist operations in providing our customers the most effective ,environmentally safe drilling fluids available while optimizing the well-bore construction process and maximizing our customers' production.
· Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
· Two year Technical Degree preferred.
· Industry experience and product line training required.
· Expert product line knowledge in addition to meeting competency requirements as outlined in ACHIEVE LEARNING.
· Ability to alternate methods of completing tasks if the set method is not viable.
· Communicate with various clients and must have good customer service skills.
· Quickly adjusts to changing job assignments/requirements.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more