About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: The Analytics Engineer Specialist will be responsible for delivering new, commercially re-usable analytics solutions (Analytic Blueprint Packages) to drive growth in asset, application and industry coverage supportable product support teams (Software As A Service model). You will leverage standard suite of platform and core module analytics & algorithms, software application capabilities, strong engineering & analytics backgrounds.
Essential Responsibilities: You will engage key technical & subject matter experts (SMEs) across the business for knowledge capture into the solutions. You will also provide core product requirements to Product Management, Software Engineering and UX Design teams.
You will mentor other engineers in analytics development process and methods
As an Analytics Engineer Specialist, for GE Digital’s Asset Performance Management (APM) Product line, you must have a good understanding of basic industrial equipment – reliability and failure causes, the ability to quickly understand the key operational characteristics of new equipment, interview domain experts for failure mode knowledge, and assess how possible failure models will affect measured parameters and key performance indicators (KPIs).
An Analytic Blueprint Package is a complete configuration template for a class or type of equipment; includes the Sematic Data Model, Equipment Tag Model, Component Groupings, Failure Indication Logic and relation parameter configuration applied to Physics Based, Mathematical or Statistics based, or Machine Learning (Non-Parametric Regression Techniques such as Similarity Based Modeling, Principal Component Analysis, Kernel Regression, Support Vector Machines etc.; Decisions Trees and other such) analytics techniques common used for Industrial Analytics) as well as the orchestration logic of one or more of these techniques.
• Work on a team of Analytics Engineers and Data Scientists who analyze equipment operation and failure modes to detect the failures through the analysis of process environment, equipment operation and real-time sensor data
• Apply a structured process to design and build new analytic blueprint packages. Review technical documents like Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams
• Create of derivative analytics for variants of known equipment, incorporation of field feedback to improve the performance and actionability of the analytics, maintaining the Analytic blueprint library and catalogue
• Write Analytics Functional Documentation for the Field Services teams, gather end-user and customer requirements and support product engineering in development of new generations of GE Digital’s software solutions
• Develop a trusted advocate relationship with internal and external customer constituents. Serve as the communications hub and "source of truth" for applications of the analytics in the field. Ensure that all teams have correct and timely information they need in order to ensure successful delivery of analytics to customers
• Provide supporting technical materials, education and in person expertise during commercial cycles, partner and cross-business collaboration. Evangelize the portfolio capabilities by presenting to customers (internal and external) and user groups where applicable
• Drive repeatability in solution component architectures. Foster an environment that encourages innovation, creative risk taking, speed and agility designing and managing Analytic Blueprint Packages
Qualifications/Requirements: • Master’s degree or Higher in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial etc...), Applied Mathematics, Decision Sciences or similar STEM field) from an accredited university or college
• Strong post-undergraduate professional engineering experience in Power Generation, Aviation, Transportation, Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, Chemical or Mining & Metals industries OR Master’s degree with strong experience.
• Demonstrated ability on Machine and process problem analysis and troubleshooting
• Demonstrated ability to develop and apply data and analytics models based on physics or empirical machine learning on industrial equipment and processes.
• Demonstrated experience with Design or Application of Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (FMEA) Techniques
• Understanding of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) principles or other such Industry Maintenance and Operating practices
Desired Characteristics: • Demonstrated ability to work within a small, collaborative project team
• Attention to detail with a willingness to follow a rigorous quality process.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Aptitude for the use of complex software applications, abstract concepts, use of data
• Understanding of industrial equipment and process operations, especially in the areas of maintenance and process control
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.