About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction... It is not about your career... it is not about your job title... it is about who you are.... It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters... do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company. GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles -people like you!
Essential Responsibilities: • Responsible for programming a feature and or a small feature set
• Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management, beginning to work independently
• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Demonstrate the ability to help team members through pair programming and code reviews
• Demonstrates awareness about product positioning and differentiations
• Has the ability to evaluate basic technology choices and articulate tradeoffs
• Applies principles of SDLC and Lean/Agile/XP/TDD/CI/CD methodologies to deliver high quality, secured, and scalable software modules
• Skilled in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using language of choice
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
Professional experience in Software Development
• Experience with NOSQL database
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment
• Previous experience with Cloud Foundry/PaaS
• Experience working with Polymer
• Understanding of GitHub and Git pull requests
• Working knowledge of Responsive Design concepts and frameworks
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to diplomatically advocate for the appropriate support staffing levels.
• Ideal candidate will also have experience presenting effectively to non-technical and executive audiences
• Strong analytical skills – strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve
• Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, apply new areas of expertise as needed
• Highly self-motivated, able to work independently
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.