About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for contributing to the design & execution of a component, feature and or feature set for software product(s) as defined by GEHC quality management system.
Essential Responsibilities: Your Day at GE:
1) As the Software Engineer you will be a part of a Scrum team inclusive of a Software Engineers, Quality Engineers, User Interaction Design Engineers, Software Architects and Product Owner.
2) You will work independently to design , develop & unit test the platform / application features for High Acuity Care products in accordance with the road-map laid out by the product/technical leadership.
3) You will work across the entire software development life-cycle including design, software development, system verification and maintenance activities.
4) You will develop and integrate software platform components into the system in accordance with the software development policies and procedures.
5) You will be required to learn and deliver on newer technology stacks as needed for modern user interface/experience development.
6) You will be required to Investigate and resolve product complaints reported by customers / field engineers, HAC applications specialists and cross-functional engineering teams.
7) You will be required to facilitate the use of latest tools, IDE, techniques and development environments that enhance team productivity, share best practices with other software engineering groups within GE Healthcare.
8) You will be required to build working knowledge on the High Acuity Care products and get accustomed to enhance components & develop applications using a given technology.
9) You will be required to document the designs and verification activities; perform component & subsystem level verification, participate in system level verification and validations.
1) Responsible for design & development of a feature and or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management; increasing the ability to work independently.
2) Breaks down problems and provide the estimates. Demonstrates growing expertise in application domain and functional areas. Takes ownership of the assignment and deliver without supervision while using the discretion to seek help when necessary.
3) Works independently and delivers features and use case creation which meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
4) Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
Qualifications/Requirements: Technical Expertise: 1) At least 5 years of experience in software development of software application/platforms. 2) 2+ years’ experience working with Cloud-based software (either Azure or AWS). 3) Demonstrate proficiency in Web (HTML5, AngularJS , JQuery, Ajax, Rest Web Services, Single Page Applications) & Java Technologies (Web Services, JBoss). 4) Experience in development of application/platform components using various Design Patterns. 5) Very good understanding of Object Oriented Design (OOD) and Programming (OOP) concepts 6) Experience in databases like (i.e. MS SQL) . 7) Strong Analytical, debugging and Problem Solving skills. 8) Working experience in Agile environment. 9) Familiarity with industry software development practices, tools and environments including practical usage of Configuration Management systems, Defect Tracking tools and Debuggers.
Years of Experience: A minimum of 5 year(s) of professional experience in software engineering with a Bachelor's Degree OR a Master's Degree with 3 year(s) of experience in software engineering. #DTR
Desired Characteristics: 1) Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements 2) business demands and technical risks/issues 3) Knowledge of GE Healthcare engineering tools and processes. 4) Attention to detail and ability work independently toward timely completion of a variety of assignments 5) Ability to develop unique concepts/solutions for complex products 6) Strong verbal/written communication and influencing skills 7) Experience working in a global team environment and a cross-functional product development environment. 8) Knowledge of agile concepts and methodologies 9) Willing to learn new technologies and flexible with roles and responsibilities. #DTR
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.