Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes currently has an opportunity for a Drilling Fluids Engineer, to provide Drilling Fluids solutions to their North Sea Drilling Operations teams.
Provide onsite services by measuring, testing, and supervising the running of fluid mixing and pumping, including technical analysis and specific product and practical recommendations for controlling fluid properties.
Maintain fluid properties on rig sites by testing fluid properties accurately.
Maintain inventory at customer well sites.
Provide effective customer service by providing rig-site customers and coordinators information regarding the progress of a rig site and create/implement solutions to rig site problems.
Make sales calls on the field and field office level, or accompany Sales Representative performing the same function.
Provide ongoing support to assist operations in providing customers the most effective, environmentally safe drilling fluids available while optimizing the well-bore construction process and maximizing customers' production.
Conduct all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- Completed basic training on drilling fluids.
- Bachelor graduated in faculty related to drilling oil and gas, chemicals.
- Completion of advanced drilling fluids training and other drilling relating courses.
- Qualified and Accredited Drilling Fluids School with training and experience in measuring, testing, and supervising the running of fluid mixing and pumping, including technical analysis and specific product and practical recommendations for controlling fluid properties
- Experience of working at the well site, ideally as Mud Engineer or Drilling Fluids Engineer.
• Excellent command of English (listening, speaking, reading and writing)
• Excellent skills in computer and Microsoft Office software. - Fluent in professional software
• Self-starter, excellent work history
• Must be reliable, work safely, and committed to quality service
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more