GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
Responsible for providing all aspects of proposal development for BHGE Digital Software solutions. Requires pre-qualification of opportunities, interaction with sales & services leadership, customers, channel, & other cross-functional business teams. Must have a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality commercial software proposals with the support of Solution Architects.
In this role, you will :
• Primarily responsible for managing complete lifecycle and development of Software proposal execution process including on-time delivery of high quality solutions & proposals aligned with customer outcomes and business profitability / risk profiles; this may include, but is not limited to – request for proposal reviews, bid planning, risk reviews, solution estimates & pricing, deal analytics / reviews, 3rd party coordination & negotiations, technical architecture, documentation, and analysis of terms & conditions.
• Ensure consistency while translating the Software offer (configuration, performance estimation, economics, etc.) into a commercial document as part of the BHGE Commercial Process;
• Create and manage Software document repository to store the proposal templates and related documents;
• Compilation of Software Proposal package, supporting documentation, delivery cycle commitments and identifying the required approvals through the O&G Commercial Process;
• Manage customer specification review, proposal development, contract development and negotiations, including complex software sales and service agreements.
• Act as a liaison between Sales Managers, Solution Consultants, Product Managers, & Services to identify common architectures, value pricing & estimation concepts.
• Review Customer Purchase Orders to ensure Compliance with approved price Levels, Terms and Cycle commitments to coordinate Hand off to Project Execution teams.
• Update and use SalesForce.com to manage proposal workflow & develop pipeline forecasts.
• Lead communications at all organizational levels including leading deal reviews with senior and executive leadership.
• Document and provide continuous improvement of commercial proposal processes & methodologies.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
• Strong proven experience within the Software Industry;
• Capable of obtaining a good understanding of relevant Software features and experience in Software Proposals & Technical writing
• GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
• EU work permit
• Knowledge of / background in software and expertise in targeted industries such as Oil & Gas, Asset Monitoring Advanced Analytics, Remote Monitoring, to name a few.
• Prior experience in sales, field services, commercial finance, contract negotiation and execution.
• Strong integrity & demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for strengthening overall commercial compliancy & reduce risk in commercial proposal processes.
• Highly organized, driven self-starter with ability to operate independently.
• Ability to lead and influence cross functionally.