Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for an experienced Field Specialist (Completions & Wellbore intervention) to be based in Odessa, TX.
- Under minimal supervision runs multiple applications of medium to high risk in the Wellbore Completions & Intervention Product Group
- Continues to expand and apply application knowledge and expertise to include applications of increasing complexity and/or risk in Wellbore Intervention and/or other product groups
- Ensures supplied equipment is compatible with all other equipment used for job
- Provides front-line support with customer and accurately completes all paperwork prior to or upon completion of job
- Uses experience and knowledge of applications to ensure products and services are of highest quality
- May conduct on-the-job training for some Wellbore Intervention applications as required
- Handles special projects as assigned
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with BHGE HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and BHGE Core Values
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- 5+ years Conventional Cased and Open Hole Fishing experience.
- Whipstock experience and knowledge.
- Competent in running multiple medium to high risk applications in the Wellbore Intervention Product Group required
- Competent in running low to medium risk applications in other product groups.
- Thorough knowledge of drilling and completion techniques and drilling/work over rig operations.
- Ability to work efficiently in teams.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to perform duties in various outdoor weather conditions.
- Flexibility to work and be on call at various times and days as scheduled.
- Two-year Technical Degree preferred.
- Supervisory and or leadership skills and experience
- Previous Military experience
- Career-minded individuals with a strong work ethic.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more