Location(s): United States; Massachusetts; Marlborough
About Us: There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy.
GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The primary function of the Automation Process Engineer is to lead GE Life Sciences customers (bio-pharmaceutical manufacturers), to define operational & functional requirements for process equipment and systems integration. Then, ensuring that the products we deliver (bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment) meets the customer specifications, process applications and commercial needs.
Essential Responsibilities: As the Automation Process Engineer, you will leverage your manufacturing operations experience as a subject matter expert on customer perspectives. You will be instrumental in determining the design and process necessary to support the company’s multi- product biopharmaceutical manufacturing platform - including the utilities tools and resources necessary to power and support the equipment.
The Automation Process Engineer will work, cross-functionally with Product Management, Automation Engineering, Estimating, and Project Leadership. Cooperatively you will synthesize customer needs into feasible, reliable and profitable designs that ensure the process platform delivers necessary, and expected functionality.
• Develops functional specifications, process flow diagrams, and P&IDs for the company’s multi- product biopharmaceutical manufacturing platform
• Creates top level design for the Flex Factory system that governs flow between each unit operation of the system
• Performs all integration engineering calculations independently and ensures that bioprocess solutions are coordinated with other design elements so that system reliability is assured
• Provides engineering support to manufacturing
• Provides technical & engineering expertise to support qualification and validation
• Provides support and on-equipment training to users of bioprocess equipment
• Provides product development support by creating design documentation including system specifications, P&ID’s, User Requirement Specifications (URS), and Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS).
• Maintains awareness of industry standards and cGMP’ s
• Documents design drawings as necessary
Qualifications/Requirements: 1. BS degree in biochemical / chemical engineering or a related engineering/life science discipline
2. 8 + years’ experience working in the life sciences industry related to bio-pharmaceuticals
3. 5+ years’ experience working at a manufacturing-scale, GMP bioprocess facility, or equivalent
4. High operational proficiency in both upstream and downstream bio-processing (Each - cell culture and purification).
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.