Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
· Coordinate compliance efforts in line with COMAH/OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM), EPA Risk Management Plan (RMP) rules, and with local country Process Safety legislation for example CIMAH in Malaysia, CCPS Risk Management, internal process safety policies, procedures and programs
· Embed a PSM Management System at the facilities and develop local knowledge
· Develop and implement major Accident Prevention Policies
· Provide regulatory interpretation and technical support on process safety matters and site projects
· Coordinate collection and maintenance of Process Safety Information (PSI) with plant personnel
· Introduce Process Safety Performance indicators into the facilities
· Determine appropriate process hazard analysis methodology based on scope of work and proposed Management of Change (MOC)
· Coordinate PHA revalidation scheduling and employee participation with plant personnel
· Oversight of Process Safety Critical Asset Integrity program at each facility.
· Development of Major Accident Response Plans
· Implement and a sustainable uniform format for developing and updating Operating Procedures
· Establish a culture of program ownership through employee participation by coaching and mentoring employees on their roles and responsibilities within process safety management
· Coordinate process safety training needs
· Coordinate review of contractor PSM qualifications
· Provide oversight to MOC by maintaining and auditing MOC and Pre-Start Up Safety Review (PSSR) records and procedures
· Coordinate review and follow-up of Mechanical Integrity inspection reports
· Champion facility siting process to embed requirements into an effective management system
· Coordinate a sustainable approach to PSM self-audits and inspections
· Coordinate site’s record keeping process for tracking and closing PHA and audit action items
· Participate in process safety incident investigations
· Analyze process safety incidents and trends and develop strategic goals for implementation
· Bachelor’s Degree required (prefer Chemical or Mechanical Engineering)
· 5+ years related experience in Process Safety in a chemical manufacturing environment
· Proven written and verbal communication skills in English with the ability to effectively interact with site management and field operations personnel
· Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
· Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, team building and influencing skills
· Ability to research, analyse, interpret and implement HSE regulations, standards, and best practices
· Experience in HSE management systems and auditing
· Experience in root cause investigation techniques
• NEBOSH or similar
• Process Safety training certified by recognized body
• Qualified PHA facilitator
• Knowledge of REGAGEP (Recognized and Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practice)
• Effective communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more