Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Field Specialist - Intelligent Production Systems will be required to be competent in running multiple medium to high risk applications in the Intelligent Production Systems Product Group (Upper Completion Tools).
- Under minimal supervision run multiple applications of medium to high risk in the Intelligent Production Systems Product Group.
- Continues to expand and apply application knowledge and expertise to include applications of increasing complexity and/or risk in two or more product lines in the Intelligent Production Systems product group and/or in other product groups.
- Ensures supplied equipment is compatible with all other equipment used for job.
- Provides front-line support with customer and accurately completes all paperwork prior to or upon completion of job.
- Uses experience and knowledge of applications to ensure products and services are of highest quality.
- May conduct on-the-job training for some Intelligent Production Systems applications as required.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and BHGE Core Values.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED to be considered.
- Thorough knowledge of drilling and completion techniques and drilling/work over rig operations.
- Ability to work well and communicate well with others.
- Industry experience and product line training required.
- Fiber Optic experience is an must.
- University or Technical degree an asset.
- 2 Year Technical Degree.
- Instrumentation / Electronic experience is preferred.
- Travel up to 75% of the time to client sites.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more