Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Technical Sales & Service Engineer to manage a large strategic customer account in the Joliet, IL area. This position is a critical customer-facing member of the BHGE Technical Sales and Account Service Team.
BHGE is searching for a candidate who is a self-starter, driven, and who will thrive in a highly competitive, results-oriented Technical Sales & Service Role.
The candidate is responsible for safely and efficiently executing their work within our customer’s facility in the Joliet, IL area and other customer facilities as needed.
The position will require performing work in both field and laboratory settings to support BHGE current and potential new programs. The candidate will work collaboratively with both co-workers and customers to solve complex problems within the customer’s facility on a daily basis.
- Work closely with strategic customers (current and new) to understand their business needs and goals
- Recommend continuous improvement and innovation plans that will maintain and grow account sales, as well as deliver value to our customers
- Develop strong relationships with Key Stakeholders, including Plant Leadership / Management
- Provide technical support for process and water treatment programs; identify and resolve customer challenges in an efficient manner
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data & providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing optimally
- Actively communicate & sell new BHGE innovations & technology at customer locations to promote long-term business relationships.
- Communicate & document value delivered by BHGE products and services to customers
- Management of Chemical Treatment Programs:
- Chemical Inventory Management
- Chemical Injection System Design, Troubleshooting & Maintenance
- Routine Service Reporting
- Communicating & Documenting Value
- Process & Water Treatment Programs
- Corrosion Mitigation, Monitoring & Modeling
- Metals Passivation
- Fouling Mitigation, Monitoring & Modeling
- Solids / Liquid Separation
- Finished Fuel Additives
- H2S Abatement
- Process & Water Antifoams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or other Science Degree
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Technical Sales / Field Sales Support experience
- Working knowledge of Industrial Process and Water treatment systems
- Demonstrates strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working in a laboratory setting
- Comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and refinery market conditions
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to develop internal customer focus for specific products/applications and services
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc…)
- Commitment to safety, customer service quality and to work in team-oriented environment
- Prior experience that demonstrates a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work in team-oriented environment
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug & Alcohol Testing Regulations
- Clean Driving record
- Proven Technical Sales Experience
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships with customers
- 2+ years’ experience in a lab environment OR Industrial site
- Chemical, refinery or industrial plant experience
- Knowledge of how to perform additive injections
- Experience handling hazardous materials
- Experience working with pumps, generators, hoses and fittings
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more