Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
This field based position is a key component and support to the Western Canadian Process and Pipeline Services team. The successful candidate will work directly with both internal and external clients to ensure that projects are completed safely, efficiently to ensure our strategic initiatives and profitability targets are achieved.
- To ensure all activities are performed in accordance with the Companies Quality Management System.
- To perform job design, equipment layout plans, engineering calculations and makes recommendations on operating parameters to the operating crew.
- To prepare procedures, project schedule, quality plans, safety plans, procurement plans and general project engineering, when required.
- To prepare studies, written reports, and general documentation.
- Liaise with Clients.
- To accurately prepare Load Out Lists and attend follow up meetings regarding project requirements.
- To resource and price project related goods and/or services in accordance with Company guidelines.
- To perform pre-mobilisation expediting, client and vendor liaison.
- To maintain project general files.
- To prepare and compile job-pack documentation and certification in accordance with Company Guidelines and Client specification.
- Conduct site visits.
- Oversee design and participate in implementation of various projects in a timely, efficient, safe and professional manner.
- Handle multiple projects, as assigned by the other senior engineers.
- Liaise with department supervisors on maintenance of equipment and actively participate as a team member.
- Train, motivate and develop subordinates to ensure continually high standards of performance.
- Supervision and participation in operations, including but not limited to :
- Cross-checking of equipment on arrival at site with corresponding Load Out List and/or Goods Out Manifest.
- Safety of all operations.
- Rig-up of equipment and hook-up to existing client/site facilities.
- Application of personnel.
- Completion of work scope/client liaison.
- Recording Technical data, instructions and requests to/from client, deviations to specifications and/or approved procedures, loss and/or damage to resources.
- Documentation and reporting of any accidents and/or near misses involving personnel and/or equipment in accordance with Company and/or client guidelines/Specifications.
- Site to Base reporting and communication.
- Compilation of commercial paperwork, personnel reports, equipment and all related documentation in accordance with Company and/or client guidelines.
- Ensure that all operations are complete and the site is left in a similar state to it was on arrival.
- Compile and submit collated site documentation and paperwork.
- Compilation of final reports, demobilisation lists and documentation of project works in accordance with both Company and client requirements.
- Assist in compilation and preparation of draft invoices.
- To advise Company management, as requested or directed, on performance of both personnel and equipment.
- Carries out other tasks and duties as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Ensures that all Safety precaution are implemented and are adhered to as specified by the Company, at Base and onsite.
- Ensures full awareness of and compliance with, the requirements of all relevant Company/ customer Safety Handbooks, Safety procedures and emergency procedures.
- Actively ensures that his / her own health & safety and the health & safety of all fellow workers or other workers is preserved at all times.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience preferably with PPS product lines and projects.
- Eligibility for Registration with APEGA is mandatory.
- Ability to utilize a laptop computer and software applications (MS Office, proprietary software, etc) for monitoring, reporting and communication purposes.
- Masters Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- 5+ years engineering experience with PPS product lines and projects.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more