Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only full-stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Under general supervision, performs mechanical operations, maintain a clean work environment. Works to pre-defined procedures in line with established work practices and Quality standards. Conducts all business activities in accordance with BHGE policies
- An understanding of HS&E processes and working with hazardous materials.
- Performs in process quality control and inspection as per established procedures and work instructions
- Performs any combination of following tasks in a foundry: melting metal, pouring metal into molds, removing castings from molds, dressing castings and mold, moving foundry materials, and cleaning equipment and work areas. Transports castings or other materials in a foundry by hand, cart, or forklift.
- Weighs a specified amount of material for furnace charge and loads charge into melting furnace.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerances (GD & T). Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Ability to calculate and set certain controls to regulate manufacturing process variables
- Sets-up and operates special purpose equipment, electrical furnace, induction heating, automation equipment, material handling/lifting equipment, horizontal band saw for fabrication of semi-finished goods that hold to the high quality standards required within the organization.
- Starts and observes specialty machinery and equipment operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance, and adjusts machine controls as required.
- Requires high school diploma or its equivalent,
- technical diploma a plus
- 1+ years of foundry and /or machining related experience.
- Previous experience working on a foundry environment with special alloys
- Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate manufacturing process variables such as temperature, molten metal flow rate, automation functions, feed, coolant flow, or enter commands to set up and operate automated equipment.
Corpus Christi Texas
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more