Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Director Digital Transformation Drilling Services is the expert and advisor to Drilling Services leadership team on Digital & Software Strategy. He/she develops and owns the Digital Transformation road map and business plan for Drilling Services with clear objectives and priorities
- Define and drive the business plan and product strategy for the Drilling Services Digital and Software portfolio including detailed solution map that specifies the intended outcomes, customer and market segmentation, targeting model, solution value proposition, and accelerated automation efforts and value capture analysis.
- Develop roadmap for the Drilling Services Digital solutions with detailed release plans that clearly identify the value proposition and net new functionality delivered to customers on a release by release basis.
- Partner with respective counterparts in BHGE, GE Businesses and BHGE Digital to understand roadmaps, release plans, and status of e. g. Predix, APM, Service Max, Opima. Make necessary changes/improvements to the product strategy to ensure market success, increased efficiency in Field, AMO, SC and Product Development.
- Partner with Product Line Directors in to align and synchronize hardware and software roadmaps and deliverables well ahead of the product development and execution schedule
- Ensure go-to-market strategies, revenue and profitability models are aligned with the company’s business drivers by collaborating with the Commercial team. Provide guidance on product strategy, roadmap and status to the Sales and Commercial Teams.
- Participate in customer engagements as necessary to present product strategy and roadmap.
- Review patents and participate in IP meetings, investigate and collect competitor patent infringement evidence.
- Assessment of the strategic fit of the existing offerings / point-solutions within BHGE and the associated analysis of how to leverage these capabilities to deliver better outcomes faster.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in a technical major
- Significant experience in the software industry
- Profound experience in Product Management/Strategy or Commercial functions
- Significant experience in customer facing roles with a proven track record
- Willingness to travel min. 30% globally
- Team player that can work horizontally across the organization
- Experience in product portfolio management and investment decision to balance customer needs, install base requirements (refresh) and long term enterprise differentiation
- MBA or Advanced Leadership Program Experience (ex. CAS, XLP) preferred.
- Capable of making strategic partnering decisions for the product line including the creation of new
- inbound/outbound channels
- Ability to monitor and shape industry dynamics, trends, and policies; shapes a culture that
- proactively uses market intelligence to drive significant growth
- Sets or changes direction at the enterprise level by building and using direct and "behind the
- scenes" support for ideas and leverages chains of indirect influence
- Sells and drives adherence to the Product Management process, its outcome and ongoing results
- Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help leaders and leadership teams
- resolve issues and define solutions
- Places personal credibility and reputation on the line to passionately advocate for his/her beliefs
- Effectively manages risk and uncertainty for self and team. Makes decisions with confidence
- when problems or solutions are not 100% defined
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more