About Us: ServiceMax is revolutionising Field Service. There are more than five million field service technicians in the United States alone tasked with keeping our world running, yet today there is no standard technology for managing the way companies empower them to truly delight their customers in the field. ServiceMax is rethinking field service, and delivering cutting edge technology to help companies perfect service delivery, drive revenue and growth, and delight customers. The impact of ServiceMax is simple: lower costs, greater efficiency, happier customers; all while increasing revenue.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
ServiceMax from GE Digital is a leading industry provider of field service management software – an estimated $25 billion market worldwide. The company continues to reimagine and create solutions for the 20 million people globally who install, maintain, and repair machines across dozens of industries as the leading provider of complete end-to-end mobile and cloud-based technology for the sector.
ServiceMax brings together the right data at the right moment to delight customers and drive business results at the crucial point of service. We’re rethinking field service, and delivering cutting edge technology to help companies perfect service delivery, drive revenue and growth, and delight customers. Come be part of our innovative team!
Role Summary: The Senior Business Development consultant is responsible for a coordinated sales approach within the DACH region, coordinating with ServiceMax’s internal and external sales resources. This extended team is driven to a common goal within a territory. You will solidify existing customer accounts, break into new accounts, to elevate ServiceMax to a strategic partner level, by selling enterprise-wide software solutions that will transform Field Service operations and increase productivity.
Essential Responsibilities: • Develop a solution selling framework for GE business/ServiceMax — tailor deal lifecycle, enablement deliverables, required resources, technology support, maturity model, sales methodology etc.
• Establish a deep understanding of customers’ business needs by creating value to customers for our solution footprint.
• Add value to the customer’s business and maintain a goal oriented approach to the business partnership.
• Demonstrate to customers how they benefit by partnering with GE/ServiceMax and how our solutions deliver results.
• Aggressively develop and drive a sustainable commercial and solution strategy across multiple customer divisions and geographic poles that is aligned to the agreed account goals.
• Develop and execute an Account Playbook that formalizes the “go high / go low” strategy for the Enterprise account. Where applicable, develop a joint Governance process with executive sponsorship that aligns along the following pillars – Commercial, Product/Technology, Implementation and Support.
• Leverage the “Big GE” by coordinating across multiple GE divisions to solve customer challenges and enhance value and loyalty through the introduction of GE Corporate programs. (e.g. Industrial Internet, Minds + Machines)
• Analyzes sales pipeline and maintains an array of opportunities to ensure that sales goals are achieved.
• Actively grow and maintain a multi-year account plan that will be shared globally with parts of our business including Marketing, Product Management, Sales, Professional Services, and the Development teams to ensure coordination across the business.
• Ensuring a Professional Sales Experience for customers during all aspects of sales process and touch points including: Formal meeting agendas, formal follow-up stating sequence of events and next steps in writing, and issue resolution in a timely fashion.
• Formulates the winning proposals based on a cohesive strategy that leverages deep knowledge of industry, customer and GE/ServiceMax product.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or related discipline
• Very strong software industry experience with proven track record
• GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
• Must be able to travel 50% -/+ of the time
Desired Characteristics: • Works with individuals across the GE businesses on how to use Big Data to collect and analyze market information as well as how to present analysis and recommendations to drive strategic commercial decisions
• Proactive in seeking out new digital platforms to drive deeper connections with customers – such as heat mapping existing relationships on LinkedIn to identify new sales opportunities, active in industry groups/blogs to gain exposure to target audiences and viewed as a domain expert
• Develops acceptable strategies to mitigate risks triggered in RFP's and/or customers' T&Cs while meeting GE business objectives.
• Leads the implementation of economic value selling throughout customer organization.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.