Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
The Drilling Services group is looking for a Senior Development Engineer – Automation Systems to join our team. As a Senior Development Engineer for Automation Systems, you will be working in a project team within our product development department. You are responsible for the model based development of algorithmic and mechatronic systems and functions. Your field of responsibility covers the test of systems and modules in simulation as well as with HIL test setups, laboratory and field test.
This will be a unique opportunity to join a cross discipline team working with state of the art technologies in the energy industry. Our projects are executed in collaboration with academia, government, and corporate partners.
This hands on position involves full exposure to design, development, testing, and deployment of new components and complete systems for harsh environment operations. The opportunity affords career growth and mentoring through a well-established training and development program. Our positions offer choices ensuring stability, flexibility, and mobility -both career and geographic.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
• Modelling and simulation of mechatronic systems with Simulink
• Code generation from Simulink, optimization of code generation process
• Integration of auto-code in software applications
• Design of systems- und software architecture
• Configuration of Linux based software applications
• Configuration of OPC-UA clients and servers
• Testing of functions and systems in simulation and with HIL test-setups
• Requirements engineering
• Complete documentation and change management processes for new product development.
• Above-average university degree (Electrical Engineering, Informatics or similar)
• Advanced Matlab / Simulink skills including tlc-programming
• Advanced programming skills e.g. C++, Java, scripting
• Measurement and control systems
• Modelling and simulation
• Good written and verbal English skills
• Practical experience in development of algorithms and functions
• Practical experience in system- and software design
• Communication protocols and field bus systems e.g. OPC-UA, CAN
• Test systems, -methods and -tools
• Knowledge in development processes and standards (Software development process, V-model, ISO26262 etc.)
• Practical experience in HIL testing
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more