About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: As Sr Director of Intelligent Process Automation, you will oversee the technology strategy and software development for robotics and chat bot process automation with embedded AI/machine learning.
Essential Responsibilities: You will lead multidisciplinary teams responsible for automation of business processes leveraging these diverse technologies and will apply your knowledge of software development methodologies, best practices and proven processes to deliver quality software on budget, with high quality, and within planned schedule.
In this role, you will:
• Demonstrate very strong technical leadership and people management skills including solid communication and analytical skills with thorough understanding of product development and successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation and resolution
• Influence decision making through active partnership with cross-functional teams
• Build, coach, mentor and lead a diverse group of lean/agile software engineers
• Work with product owners and architects to develop multigeneration software technology plans
• Work directly with customers to understand business and technical needs
• Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
• Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
• Work cross functionally with other business teams to align activities and deliverables
• Drive world-class quality in the development and support of software
• Plan and manage budgets, maintain project data relating to tracking and financials
• Deliver resource strategy and plans, including use of 3rd parties in support of development and support activities
• Communicate effectively both within immediate team and GE leadership. Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) is highly desired
• Very strong proven professional experience in Software Development Management/Director role OR Master’s degree with strong experience in Software Development Management/Director role (GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed)
• Recognizes patterns and complexity in problems. Strategically plans how to execute programs by understanding how best to decompose and manage risk
• Defines product vision. Lays out product roadmap. Maps current requirements to industry trends
• Guides teams to adopt agile and guide continuous improvement. Actively embraces new methods and practices in software development that increase efficiency and effectiveness
• Significant experience in software development and writing code
• Creates a culture of customer focus and high performance to drive innovation
• Establishes vision, identifies and champions internal/external best practices, tools, and ideas to improve execution and quality.
• Drives an organization of efficiency, accountability and ownership
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.