Business Segment: Current & Lighting Current Powered by GE
Location(s): United Kingdom; London, Manchester
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Current, powered by GE, will meet the unique needs of a wide range of utility, Commercial & Industrial and municipal customers and provide them with Predix enabled hardware and software they need to be more reliable, efficient, and profitable. Current will deliver a combination of financing with GE's physical and digital capabilities across energy efficiency, solar, storage, and onsite power.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Role Summary: You will be part of a product team that delivers custom solutions to customer problems. Your main responsibility will be to find the right solution to the project needs and manage our resources both internal and externally. You will work with internal designers and suppliers on product development & certification to ensure the project performance and regulatory needs are met.
Essential Responsibilities: Manage the product design team to deliver:
• On time – samples and designs
• Good communication with commercial functions and clients to ensure accurate specifications are clear and met
• Participate in supplier selection / validation
• Understand and solve application and lighting design problems with the right product design
• Participate in trial installations and incorporate lessons learnt into product design
• Work with suppliers to ensure timely completion of product launch
• Manage certification with suppliers external or internal laboratories
• The candidate will be responsible for ensuring product safety and regulatory compliance of all products
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience, product design or can demonstrate similar extensive professional experience managing technical teams
• Lighting Design knowledge (Dialux or similar) is preferred
• Extensive knowledge of laboratory techniques, testing and documentation needs
• Knowledge on light and color properties and their measurements
• Understanding sheet metal forming, metal extrusion, welding and fastening techniques, injection molding, plastic extrusion, vacuum forming and similar manufacturing techniques
• Proven track record on successfully managed development projects
• Good communication skills in English
• Willingness to travel as job requires
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.