Supplier Quality Engineering Specialist - Electrical & EM
Posted 2/15/2018 5:51:11 AM
Business Segment: GET Transportation
Location(s): India; Pune
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. . We are a global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling industries. Our solutions help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and greater savings using our advanced manufacturing techniques, industry expertise and connected machines. Established more than a century ago, GE Transportation is a division of GE that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives. That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today. It's the engine of change that puts us at the forefront of transportation technology, software, and analytics. And it's why we continue to find-and realize-the potential that keeps our connected world moving forward. The GE Transportation Global Headquarters is located in Chicago,
Role Summary: ‘Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE)’ is responsible for driving exceptional product quality, customer value beyond expectations, regulatory assurance and optimized Cost of Quality. This is a key technical position, affecting part quality for both installed base and New Product Introductions parts. Supplier Quality Engineer is expected to deliver on supplier approval, qualification, quality sustenance and continuous improvement towards achieving best quality products on time every time.
Essential Responsibilities: The Supplier Quality Engineer has to develop & maintain objectives to achieve the following responsibilities: 1. Accurate & rigorous evaluation of current and potential suppliers using multiple tools 2. On-time execution of New Component Introduction (PPAP) projects 3. Maintain & upgrade product & process quality at suppliers 4. Drive & ensure compliance to supplier facing processes (Audits, PPAP, CARs, SDRs, etc) 5. Identify & qualify new products & suppliers in the region to drive growth 6. Collaborate with other functions as required to execute PPAP projects 7. Develop positive relationships and work closely with Sourcing Leaders to manage and implement supplier/engineering changes, New Product Introductions etc
The details of the key processes are:
1. New Supplier Evaluation / on boarding: Rigorously execute the supplier evaluation process including quality & compliance audits/assessments to ensure that only appropriately qualified suppliers are taken through the process. Work with sourcing/commodity team to meet business objectives of new supplier addition.
2. Production part approvals: Have a sound understanding of the following: Drawings, specifications, PPAP Process, applicable tools (FMEA, GR&R, Control plans, Sampling, Capability studies, etc.) Understand & use tools rigorously to mitigate risk of non-conformant product from shipping from a supplier's facility. Train & drive suppliers to use our tools & upload objective evidence of PPAP step closure. Work closely with Engineering team to ensure adequate understanding of product risks & severities of failure. Lead robust root cause analysis & corrective actions as required. Work closely with Sourcing team to ensure PPAP timelines are adhered to & stated capacity is established
3. Audits (Process, Product, Quality systems, SRG/Compliance, 'Eyes always Open'): Obtain a sound understanding of GE expectations on audits. Conduct audits in keeping with good practices & publish professional reports in the appropriate system. Identify & communicate best practices/risks Work with supplier & other stakeholders to close findings & improve supplier processes
4. Problem-solving: Monitor Defects/DMRs'/Feedback for suppliers to identify any existing problems Use DMAIC methodology to identify & eliminate root cause sustainably on appropriate system
5. Participate in planning of supplier quality activities, share knowledge with team, training, etc.
All these responsibilities will need to be discharged in consultation with Pole Quality Leader, other SQE's & Sourcing team as appropriate.
Qualifications/Requirements: - Bachelor Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical Engineering. - ~ 5 years’ min,experience in quality / manufacturing / vendor development functions. - Ability to manage multiple qualifications and work with global teams to approve/qualify suppliers and improve their performance. - Ability in reviewing documents and parts according to IEC, ANSI, CE, CSA /UL/ other international standards & Regulatory Requirements. - Knowledge of One-Line Diagrams, Electrical Schematic Drawings & design datasheets. - Knowledge of Soldering, welding, brazing, NDT Techniques will be added advantage. - Hand's on experience in qualifying multiple components like contractors , switch gears , PCBAs , Batteries , Sensors , Complex wiring harnesses etc.
Desired Characteristics: Desired Characteristics (1)Electrical & Electronic box builds, Control System Products; Plant automation equipment’s including DCS, PLC, SCADA System etc. (2)Power sector related electrical components including Metering, Control & Protection systems, Low Voltage & Medium Voltage Equipment’s such as MCC, PEECC, GCB, GTE, GLAC. GNAC, Bus-ducts, Transformers, Capacitors, Cables, Power Supplies, Reactors, Converters (3)Experience in NDT Testing methods/ Equipment including Radiography, Ultrasonic Testers, X-Ray machines ,Complex Cable Harness (4)Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills (5)Ability to communicate effectively at all levels Very strong result oriented mind-set. MUST: Highest Level of Integrity. MUST: Willingness to travel greater than 40% of the time
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.