Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for Lead Repair & Maintenance Mechanic (Upstream Chemicals) in Hobbs, NM.
The Lead Repair & Maintenance Mechanic will perform maintenance on assigned trucks, and related surface cabin equipment in accordance with operating specifications. Routinely welds, paints and refurbishes equipment. Conduct mechanical inspections. Use moderately complex diagnostic equipment for troubleshooting malfunctions. Review procedures for assembly, disassembly and test verification accuracy. Configure test stations and systems. Analyze and interpret data from environmental tests and troubleshoot equipment problems. Use analytical ability to find solutions to difficult technical problems. Maintains records and scheduled maintenance of equipment. Maintain equipment records and filing systems as part of quality control and assurance programs. Inspect and disposition parts and equipment. Ensure compliance with HS&E policies and procedures. Handle special projects, as assigned.
- Maintains assigned trucks, ships, and related surface cabin equipment in accordance with operating specifications.
- Conduct daily meetings with team members.
- Routinely welds, paints and refurbishes equipment.
- Conducts mechanical inspections.
- May use moderately complex diagnostic equipment.
- Review procedures for assembling, disassembling, and test verification accuracy.
- Configure test stations and systems.
- Analyze and interpret data from environmental tests and troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Utilize analytical ability to find solutions to difficult technical problems.
- Maintain records and schedules maintenance of equipment.
- Perform Inspection and disposition of parts and equipment.
- Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- High School diploma with 4+ years of experience in heavy equipment repair.
- Must have your own tools.
- 2+ years of experience in a Lead or Supervisory role.
- Consent to take a drug test and criminal background check.
- Basic computer skills for navigating internet and checking email
- Proficient in reading and interpreting blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints and parts lists and follow formal procedures and
- Expertise on hydraulic circuits and ability to troubleshoot faults.
- Experience with repairing Cummins and Detroit engines.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more