About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Role Summary: As the Biacore Sales Specialist you will be responsible for driving sales of Biacore instruments and consumables by providing business solutions that enhance customer outcomes. You will focus on increasing revenue by generating sales from new and existing customers for our Biacore surface plasmon resonance systems and consumables product range. Are you looking to join a global company in an exciting commercial role? Apply today!
The sales specialist works in close synergy with a dedicated Biacore application specialist, who provides expert technical knowledge for pre-sales discussions, instrument demos and post-sales support. The sales specialist’s primary role is to drive the sales funnel and manage individual sales opportunities. This role will require the individual to participate within a matrixed sales environment, working closely with an account management team, Service and other functions. The sales specialist’s primary role is to drive the sales funnel and manage individual sales opportunities. This role will require the individual to participate within a matrixed sales environment, working closely with an account management team, Service and other functions.
• Sales Revenues/Budgets – Meet/Exceed sales targets through driving the sales of the defined instrumentation and associated product range which in this role will be our Biacore product range.
• Sales Strategy - Develop a strategy/plan for the defined product range to differentiate our position and grow the Life Sciences business, towards a sustainable competitive advantage. Know key decision-makers, sources of funding, credit-worthiness, competitor ‘SWOT’, and market trends. Set quarterly priorities aligned to the strategy.
• Funnel Management – Develop and manage sales opportunities to create a sales funnel sufficient to meet business targets. Keep opportunities updated in Salesforce.com database. Use sales funnel analytics to optimize time management and sales strategy. Prepare and participate in business reviews to ensure a constant flow of information within the sales team and management.
• Customer Satisfaction and Territory Management – Work with customers to achieve win-wins. This is a field-based role with 70-80% of time spent in the field with customers. Some of this time will be spent jointly with the Biacore application specialist, in pre-sales discussions, supporting demos, seminars, workshops, customer training and promotional activities.
• Teamwork – Drive and initiate development of new business opportunities working with the Account Management team and other commercial functions to obtain maximum synergy and customer satisfaction across the business.
Qualifications/Requirements: • University level degree in a Life Sciences related disciplineor an equivalent experience working in the Life Science Industry. • Ability to travel, since the role is customer facing with 70-80% time in the field. • Customer-focused attitude, able to represent the interests of both customers and GE at all times. • Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence, that can be applied to customer-facing situations and internal communication. • Driving licence. • Previous experience with Biacore is desirable, although not essential. • Ability to represent GE in a professional manner always through interactions with customers at all levels, from bench to boardroom. • Strong presentation, analytical and customer service skills.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.