About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Role Summary/Purpose GE offers those with a passion for building game-changing software and information technology platforms an opportunity to grow their leadership skills, business acumen and technical skills while building a career with unlimited potential.
Essential Responsibilities: Our interns have significant exposure opportunity to key IT and software business leaders at GE.
Interns also have extracurricular opportunities to engage in various activities both socially and from a professional development perspective.
We are looking for IT Interns for the following functions:
• Data Lake Operations Intern
• Telepresence build intern
• Telepresence Operational Support Intern
• Microsoft Teams Deployment Intern
• Unified Communication event support & cloud migration intern
• Cloud Application Support intern
• Stat 2 Tax intern
• Voice Build Intern
Qualifications/Requirements: • Working towards a Bachelors or Degree in CIS, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security, ITM, Informatics, Information Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, MIS, Security and Risk Analysis or relevant STEM majors with experience in Software or IT
Desired Characteristics: • Solves technical challenges through regular application of common design patterns, and identify appropriate patterns for use in problem solving.
• Effective use of data structures and algorithms.
• Experience understanding coding standards that meets and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate clearly.
• Contributes to creative solutions and challenges status quo.
• Proactively learns new tools and identifies opportunities for improvement and promotes their adoption.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.