About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: "The Sr. Software Engineer will work with the customer, product owner, UX (User Experience) designer, and development team to implement contemporary software solutions for GE's Healthcare business. You will be a member of an integrated squad working together to deliver successful outcomes on the GE Predix platform "
Essential Responsibilities: • Responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set.
• Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business.
• Contributes to design discussions.
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices.
• Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
• Demonstrates awareness or product positioning and key differentiators.
• Expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language.
• Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
• Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering (OR High School Diploma / GED with IS, IT, or Computer Science experience)
• Strong IS, IT, Computer Science or Engineering experience with a concentration in front end design and development framework
• Must be legally authorized to work in Hungary full-time
• Must be willing to work in our Budapest facility full-time
• Basic knowledge of Cloud Foundry, AWS
• Strong experience writing unit tests, test coverage and code quality toolset
• Experience using a CI system to automate builds.
• Experience with TDD/BDD
• Understanding of GitHub and Git pull requests
• Experience with analytics frameworks
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment
• Previous experience with Cloud Foundry/PaaS
• Working knowledge of Responsive Design concepts and frameworks
• Previous experience with the GE Predix platform.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to diplomatically advocate for the appropriate support staffing levels. Ideal candidate will also have experience presenting effectively to non-technical and executive audiences.
• Strong analytical skills – strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve.
• Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed.
• Highly self-motivated, able to work independently
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.