Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Full Time Regular
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Mechanical Assembly Technician based in our Oirschot, Netherlands location. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
- Performs mechanical assembly, maintenance, and overhaul on equipment.
- Works to pre-defined procedures in line with established work practices and Quality standards.
- Pre and post-maintenance function test validation and calibrating of equipment using multiple software types.
- Decommission and cleaning of tool assemblies and conducting analysis of wear and abuse
- Assist in incident investigations and troubleshooting and diagnosing equipment issues. Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements, and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- Administrative tasks including documentation of analysis, repairs, test results etc. as well as preparation of assemblies for shipment.
- Technical diploma or Associates degree in a Mechanical field preferred, 3+ years relevant industry experience (airline, military, oilfield, automotive).
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- SAP familiarity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and team skills.
- Excellent work ethic with the ability to work with minimal supervision and self-driven to complete task timely and accurately.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude, either through specific job experience or by way of hobby - such as automobile mechanics, motorcycle restoration, aviation hobbyist, etc.
- Ability to use common and specialty tooling including test equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance documents, drawings, parts lists and follow formal procedures.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Good computer skills.
- Good skills in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes.
- Flexible Schedule to accommodate overtime, as needed based on operational demands
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more