About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: The Customer Support Engineer Analyst is responsible for resolving product, configuration, and application issues/questions for the GE Digital solutions products. May also be responsible for providing expert software support services for GE Healthcare customers .
Essential Responsibilities: • Research and troubleshoot issues involving all aspects of the GE Digital solutions, including but not limited to user interface, network and communication connectivity and performance, Cloud and on- premise component interoperability, data collection/storage, visualization, analytics, machine monitoring software and associated control systems, hardware infrastructure, and interfaces to enterprise systems such as ERP, PLM and Quality.
• Troubleshoot and identify product problems for presentation to engineering or Cloud infrastructure teams for resolution or disseminates appropriate information necessary to correct configuration issues.
• Uses advanced troubleshooting techniques, clinical knowledge and/or programming skills to make needed modifications to customer database to ensure information integrity for the customer
• Uses advanced troubleshooting techniques, clinical expertise/knowledge and/or programming skills to analyze and resolve customer issues as assigned in compliance with the standard turn-around time or project milestones
• Supports product or application with little or no assistance, while maintaining a high level of quality following all GEHC department standards
• Is responsible for quality solutions to be implemented at client sites as well as working with other analysts/engineers in addressing application/product integration issues
• Understands and follows corporate, divisional and departmental standards
• Adheres to and advances the use of GEHC coding conventions, debugging techniques, tools, and documentation. Expert in the use of a wide range of debugging techniques
• Analyzes and resolves complex application/software issues with minimum assistance
• Assists in conducting business evaluations and document findings in the agreed upon turn-around times
• Serve as an escalation point within the team to increase knowledge and decrease escalations
• Acts as a resource, coach, and mentor as applicable, including serving as a functional resource to staff and customers
• Identify knowledge gaps and trends to develop training and build the skills of fellow engineers
• Specifies, sets up, codes, and processes complex conversion and interfaces for assigned clients as applicable - meeting all project plan dates set
• Displays in-depth knowledge to support multiple products or suites with little or no assistance, while maintaining a high level of quality and following all GEHC department standards
• Has a concentration in/familiarity with other applications to develop integration expertise
• May write or contribute user/technical documentation and case notes
• Meets with customers as necessary, analyzes their needs, and provides insight into products and their functionality
• May be required to work overtime, on-call, weekends, and holidays
• Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization
• Ensure timely dispatch closure
• Ensure completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI’s) within prescribed timeframe
• Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible
• Flexibility to provide onsite support, as needed
• Provides advanced customer support in 24x7 environment
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or related field or a Clinical degree with technical or clinical working experience or Associates Degree and technical and/or clinical customer support experience or High School Diploma/GED an High School and customer support experience.
• Computer skills to include knowledge of software programing and database applications or clinical expertise • GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
Desired Characteristics: • Ability to work independently with minimum direction
• Effective communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with cross-functional teams
• Strong customer-service skills
• Highly motivated team-player
• Prior project or technical leadership experience
• Demonstrated ability to train/mentor peers
• Ability to stay calm in pressurized situations and coach people through solving problems
• Ability to drive improvements in efficiency
• knowledge of GE Healthcare products preferred
• Familiarity with remote monitoring and diagnostics solutions and concepts.
• Exceptional troubleshooting, customer service, and analytical skills.
• Sets an example in terms of quality, consistency and level of work, as well as work ethic and approach.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.