Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Full Time Regular
Responsible for the control and compliance of product within the QC Inspection department in accordance with current manufacturing and Quality assurance procedures; engineering drawing and customer requirement.
- Inspects parts, assemblies and subassemblies in line with engineering drawings, the quality management system and any special customer requirement
- Responsible for ensuring all parts inspected are done so accurately and all measurements are recorded and retained in line with policy
- Carry out inspection duties across all areas of the manufacturing and supply chain process
- Identify and report Non Conformances as per Company procedure
- Completes, inspects and distributes all quality records and documents and ensures 100% traceability
- Liaise with customer third party inspectors as required
- Ensure compliance with QA and HSE policies and procedures at all time
- Mentor and Train others in the department
- Recommend and support process improvement opportunities
- Participate in HSE initiatives
- Assist with any maintenance of measuring equipment calibration to required standards as per company procedure
- Ensure good housekeeping in the work area
- Special projects as assigned
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
- HND qualified or equivalent.
- Experience gained within a mechanical / technical engineering background
- Experience of inspecting machined components (metal) ensuring adherence to the engineering drawing requirements
- Experience of following inspection procedures and reporting defective components
- Experience of receiving inspection, 100% dimensional inspection and final inspection
- Experience of setting and using a wide variety of gauges and measuring equipment
- Experience of Co-Ordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) setting, programming and operation would be beneficial.
- Previous experience of producing metal components in a manufacturing environment would be beneficial
- Experience in the use of Faro Arm measuring equipment would be beneficial
- Experience of NDT inspection would be beneficial
- Experience of mentoring others in the team
- Working knowledge of API QI and ISO 9000 Standards and work procedures /standards compliance
- Knowledge of Imperial measurement system as well as Metric system.
- Knowledge of techniques for inspection, testing and examination.
- Ability to inspect, test and exam products and interpret results
- Ability to read and accurately interpret engineering detail drawings and accurately measure components
- Numerical skills, ability to work with figures, make measurement calculations
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, and both internally and externally
- Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative and to provide a service to a wide variety of teams
- Ability to work within tight time scales whilst maintaining quality standards.
- Ability to apply industry and quality standards in relation to all duties undertaken
- Ability to train and develop others
- Organisational skills
- Skills in the use of SAP would be beneficial
- Skills in the use of Microsoft Office packages, including e-mail
- Ability to be flexible in order to accommodate ad-hoc urgent work priorities
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more