Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Opening for an Electrical Engineer – Analog and Digital Electronics in Celle, Germany.
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
The Drilling Services group is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our team.
This will be a unique opportunity to join a cross discipline team working with state of the art technologies in the energy development industry. Our projects are executed in collaboration with academia, government, and corporate partners.
This hands on position involves full exposure to design, testing, and deployment of new components and complete systems for harsh environment operations.
The opportunity affords career growth and mentoring through a well-established training and development program. Our positions offer choices ensuring stability, flexibility, and mobility—both career and geographic.
- Circuit design of mixed analog and digital modules.
- SPICE-Simulation of electronic circuits under consideration of high environmental temperature.
- Support of the PCB layout.
- Test and characterization of electronic circuits under high temperature.
- Development of test systems including hardware and software.
- Qualification of electronic components for high temperature applications.
- Complete documentation for new product developments and presentation of development results in design reviews to complete milestones in the technology development process.
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject (Electrical or Electronic Engineering, or equivalent).
- Practical experience in circuit- and system design of analog and digital circuits.
- Knowledge of the technology of electronic components and sensors.
- Knowledge in the area of measurement and control engineering.
- Experienced in handling modern electronic laboratory equipment.
- Self-contained, self-motivated and structured to work within a worldwide functioning interdisciplinary team
- Good written and verbal English skills, due to working in an international diverse working environment and strong interest in working with other cultures.
- Practical experience in the above mentioned area of expertise gathered during internships, thesis and/or professional experience.
- Experience in the area of power electronics.
- Demonstrated strong ability to develop within a technical mentoring environment as well as to work independently.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more