Business Segment: Current & Lighting Current Powered by GE
Location(s): United States; California; San Ramon
Current is a first-of-its-kind energy company designed to meet the unique needs of a wide range of Commercial & Industrial, municipal and utility customers. It brings together capabilities including LED lighting and Solar technologies, along with new financing and software solutions to offer integrated energy solutions aimed at delivering increased reliability, efficiency and profitability.
Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic atmosphere working with the most talented people in the industry in an open, developmental environment with abundant opportunities to learn, grow and advance within the organization.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: You will be responsible for designing and programming a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. She / he will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business. She / he will Lead design discussion in a limited manner.
In addition you will :
• Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
• Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
• Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
• Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
• Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
• Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
• Seek and provide feedback on design and development
• Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
• Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
• Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
• Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes
• Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing
• Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs
• Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing / improving it through design and best coding practices
• Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
• Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Provide guidance to a team of 5 to 7 developers with either planning and execution and / or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
• Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) from an accredited University or College
A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in one of the above related fields
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
• Experience with one or more of C, C++, C#, and Java programming languages
• Hands-on experience in REST / JSON, JPA, using Apache Commons Suite & Maven, Microservices, Spring Framework
• Experience with databases SQL and No SQL such as Postgres, Oracle, Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB is a big plus
• Proficiency in big data and have work experience on Spark / Storm, Hive, HBase, Solr, S3 and Cassandra
• Hands-on experience with web development using HTML5, Java Script, jQuery, CSS
• Good knowledge of Cloud architecture and hands on work experience on AWS, Azure, Cloud Foundry environments
• Understanding of encryption fundamentals such as PKI, Encryption, Digital Signatures, & Key Management and Security technologies such as OAuth2, WS-Security and ability to identify Web / API security vulnerabilities
• Strong problem-solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Excellent communication skills and demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.