About Us: GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies that are helping a new age of patient care. GE Healthcare’s expertise in medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring and life support systems, disease research, drug discovery, and biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies is helping physicians detect disease earlier and to tailor personalized treatments for patients. GE Healthcare offers a broad range of products and services that are improving productivity in health and enhancing patient care by enabling healthcare providers to better diagnose and treat cancer, heart disease, neurological diseases, and other conditions. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, GE Healthcare is a $15 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE). Worldwide, GE Healthcare employs more than 43,000 people committed to serving healthcare professionals and their patients in more than 100 countries. GE is an equal opportunity employer.
Role Summary: GE Healthcare is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work on a number of exciting projects that will have a positive impact on GE’s business.The Software Engineer has responsibilities extending to the development of Digital X-Ray Software within Detection Guidance & Solutions (DGS) organization.
Essential Responsibilities: Duties include (but are not limited to):
1. Act as a member of the Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high quality design and development practices
2. Develop high performing, scaling and innovative distributed applications
3. Design and implement new features and application for Xray systems for New Product Introductions & Installed Base
4. Working closely with systems teams in requirements gathering and software design
5. Interacting with global teams to promote consistency and maximize synergies across common software platforms
6. Designing and building strong testing infrastructure to minimize dependency on hardware availability
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Support compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before completing Design Outputs/Program deliverables
5. Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.