About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: Provide technical leadership for the production team. Responsibilities include providing documentation and floor support associated with safety, manufacturing and quality methods, tooling, and equipment. Aggressively initiate new processes and methods that will improve safety, reduce product cost and/or improve product quality.
• Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, developing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production.
• Work with Production Associates to resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment and product design.
• Participate in new product introductions through process layout, tool development, and new equipment.
• Ensuring regulatory compliance through Validation & Verification - Plan execution and analysis.
• Co-ordination of manufacturing releases
• Lead Compliance, as well as Environmental, Health & Safety efforts in support of plant goals
• Driving LEAN manufacturing implementation
• Provide safe processes that comply with all local and federal regulations. Assure that corrective action is taken to resolve observed safety concerns in all areas.
• B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or related technical degree and 5 years of experience in production, engineering or troubleshooting of PC/server based systems
• Understanding of IT QA and testing procedures
• Good team worker in international teams
• Good analytical and planning skills
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as the application to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Knowledge and understanding of document control, design transfer, verification, validation, acceptance activity, DMR, DHR and electronic signature requirements to ensure that product, equipment, tools, processes, software, training and documentation meet requirements.
1. M.S. Degree in Engineering or Business
2. Ability to identify & implement best practices. Six Sigma trained.
3. Ability to perform with high levels of ambiguity. Previous experience in integration of process.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.